2011年4月12日火曜日

Natsuki's Birthday✿

 Today is Natsuki's birthday. So I made caramel shortbread for her and Kaori(her birthday is a week after Natsuki's birthday)♥ In Scot land Ms. Kane's mother made it to us and it was really really great!! All of us liked it. When I was asked what was the best food I had eaten in Britain by Mr. Harris, I answered Ms. Kane's mother's caramel short bread without pose! So I really wanted to eat this and tried to look for the recipe. But I didn't know even the name... Finally I found the recipe and I remember Natsuki and Kaori really liked this in Britain and their birthday came soon. So I made it yesterday♪
 To make caramel short bread was not so difficult but I made some mistakes...

<ingredient>
●short bread
butter : 150g
granulated sugar : tablespoon 4
flour : 150g
●caramel
butter : 125g
brown sugger : 100g
honey : tablespoon 2
condensed milk : 120ml
●chocolate
chocolate : 350g

<recipe>
1. Heat the oven 180℃
2. Make short bread.
    Put the butter(make it soft by room temperature), granulated sugar, flour into the bowl and mix them up.
3. Put them into the shape and bake it for 20 minutes in the oven.
   After bake make it cool.
4. Make the caramel.
   Put the butter, brown sugger honey, condensed milk into pot.
   Simmer it with low heat for about 7 munite. (Pay attention! It easily burn. Low heat and mix it well)
5. Put caramel onto the short bread.
   And make it cool in the refrigerator.
6. Make chocolate's streak.
    Break the plate of chocolates and put them into the bowl.
    Boil the water and put the bowl in it. (Pay attention don't get water in the bowl)
   Mix the chocolate until it melt.
7. Put the melt chocolate on the caramel streak and make it cool in the refrigerator.


  I think we need more flour for short bread. It was too weak and easy to collapse when we eat and take out it from the shape. Another recipe says 150g butter and 225g flour. I should try this recipe again!

Tell me when you wanna eat this I will make! And if you have trouble ask me or Ms. Kane or her mother. I think they know much better than me do, of course!

Recipe in Japanese : http://allrecipes.jp/recipe/2548/-------------.aspx

1 件のコメント:

  1. Those look good. I need to learn how to make some new sweets, so maybe I will try this.
    Thanks for sharing.

    返信削除